Starting Pay Rate: Unpaid internship (1 position available)
Schedule: 10-20 hours per week depending on availability; shifts are a minimum of 3
hours; some evening and weekend work will likely be required
Essential Position Functions:
Under the direct supervision of the Development and Events Manager, the Events Intern
will undertake the following responsibilities:
● Develop festival programs, signage, social media shareables and other materials as
● Update Fenner Conservancy’s website and Facebook with 2019 festival information
● Coordinate the execution of festival sponsorship perks.
● Assist Development & Events Manager in coordinating festival vendors and rentals.
● Assist Development & Events manager, social media intern and Communications
committee with festival social media and marketing plan.
● Create and curate event and rental pages on Fenner Conservancy’s website.
● Create and curate Fenner Conservancy’s listings on wedding venue sites.
● Research and report on statewide competitors.
● Research and report on awards and distinctions for wedding sites, as well as what
awarding committees look for.
● Assist Development & Events Manager in the creation of wedding packages and
● Assist Development & Events manager with identifying and setting up meetings with
potential preferred partners.
● Research and assist Development & Events Manager in creating a booth space and
materials for bridal shows.
● Assist with oversight of rental tours, registrations, scheduling, invoicing, setting up
and tearing down as needed.
● Coordinate social media campaigns and ads.
● Assist Development & Events manager and the Communications Committee with
developing advertising campaigns.
Other Duties as Assigned (5%):
● This Position Description does not include all tasks that may be completed in this
position. Duties may be added, removed, or modified at any time.
Education and Experience Requirements:
● High school diploma or GED.
● At least one (1) year of college-level course work with a 3.0 GPA. Primary study
areas could include public relations, communications, professional writing,
marketing, media arts and technology, fine arts, hospitality, business
administration or related fields.
● Required education, experience, or a combination of education and experience
includes, but is not limited to: the use of a personal computer with word
processing, spreadsheet and database software, the use of web-based
open-source content management systems like WordPress, the use of Facebook,
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest for promotion, the use of Facebook Ad Manager,
the creation of marketing materials and social media shareables, and records
● Preferred, but not required education, experience, or a combination of education
and experience includes, but is not limited to: the use of smartphones and/or
cameras to take photos and videos, the use of photo and video editing software, a
familiarity with bridal shows or other trade shows, and a familiarity with wedding
sites like WeddingWire and The Knot. While these areas of education and/or
experience are not required, a willingness to learn and develop them is.
● Finally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their experience and
competence in oral and written communication.
● Fenner Conservancy reserves the right to utilize equivalencies where deemed
appropriate with regard to education and experience requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
● Skill in research and compiling reports on findings.
● Skill in basic desktop publishing and website management.
● Skill in Adobe Creative Suite programs, such as Illustrator, InDesign and
Photoshop to develop marketing materials such as social media shareables,
brochures, flyers, and signage.
● Knowledge in the development and implementation of social media plans, utilizing
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to promote events and tracking social media
● Ability to promote events in accordance with Fenner Conservancy’s brand.
● Ability to adhere to Fenner Conservancy’s short and long term marketing goals.
● Ability to proactively identify tasks that need to be accomplished and work
independently to ensure their completion.
Physical Capacity Requirements:
This position requires the ability to walk, speak, hear, lift and carry, finger dexterity,
and visual acuity. It also requires the ability to lift 10 pounds with occasional lifting of
up to 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, if necessary, for
individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential job functions of the
Environmental Conditions of Position:
The majority of the work associated with this position will occur in the office