UPDATE: Due to COVID-19 virus all programming requests are being considered on a case by case basis. Please contact our Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
With today’s emergent environmental concerns, it is imperative that our youth build connections to nature. A field trip to Fenner is an opportunity for your students to gain ecological understanding, reinforce materials that have been presented in the classroom and to teach awareness about their own role in the world around them.
- $75 per class (0-30 students)
- Up to 1 adult for every 3 students, including teachers, classroom aides, and chaperones, are permitted to join us for no cost
- Admission for additional chaperones or siblings is $4.00/person
- Programs are 60 minutes long.
- Descriptions of our school programs for the current school year may be found here.
- Payment may be made via check, cash, or we also accept credit card payments over the phone. Full payment is due two weeks prior to your program, unless otherwise noted.
Specialty Programs and Tours:
- The program fee for the Animal Encounter program is $115 for a one hour experience.
- Apple Butter and Maple Syrup Field Day tickets cost $4 per student.
- The Apple Butter Field Day is typically scheduled in the week prior to the annual Apple Butter Festival.
- The Maple Syrup Field Day is typically scheduled in the week prior to the annual Maple Syrup Festival. For more information about the 2020 Maple Syrup Field Day, click here.
To register, call 517-483-4224 or email email@example.com. A minimum of two weeks notice is required to book a program. Upon registration, a confirmation email will be sent to you that includes guidelines for chaperones, what to bring to your field trip, and what to expect from us. It is your responsibility to pass this information along to all participants. Payment for your program is due two weeks prior to the date of your program.
Cancellations that occur less than 48 hours in advance will not be refunded and will be responsible for any remaining balance due. We will work with you to reschedule any programs that must be cancelled due to weather-related school closures.
The Norris Ingells Education Fund for Youth enhances environmental awareness for children through nature and science-based learning experiences. If your group needs financial assistance with transportation or program fees, please contact our program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our scholarship form for school groups is available at: Norris Ingells Group Scholarship Application.
The Rose Zack Youth Birders Education Fund provides an opportunity for classrooms within Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, and Shiawassee counties to visit Fenner Nature Center for a nature-based learning experience centered around bird conservation and natural history. This scholarship is available on a first come, first served basis, and allows teachers to select from either of the following place-based programs for their students: Birds in My Backyard and Avian Adaptations. These programs are designed to accommodate schools bringing multiple classrooms, as well as single classroom field trips. Both programs are offered in a station format with 2-5 stations lasting 20-30 minutes each depending on the number of classrooms, bus schedule, and your curricular needs. Our scholarship for for groups interested in these programs is available at: Rose Zack Youth Birders Education Fund Scholarship Application
Please return the completed form by mail or in person to the nature center, or by email to email@example.com. You must register for a program prior to submitting the scholarship form.
We encourage you to visit our explore store after your program to pick up nature-inspired gifts as well as tools, such as field guides, to extend the learning experience for your students back at school.