Are you who we’re looking for?
The Trail Stewards docent program is a volunteer opportunity for people with a love of conservation, education, and stewardship to serve as a representative of Fenner Conservancy to be a point of contact for the public. Trail Stewards will actively participate in park related projects, encouraging sound conservation practice and ethical use of the park space. They will also enhance visitor experience by providing information on the Fenner trail system and the diverse ecology and environments within the park. We welcome Trail Steward applicants of all physical abilities.
We are looking for applicants who are:
- Able to commit to 2-4 shifts per month (4 hour shifts).
- Able to attend a required training session involving in-class and hands-on components of park knowledge, naturalist skills, and interpersonal communication abilities. The first session will be June 23 from 3 to 5 p.m.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Able to pass a police background check.
- Able to physically manage a variety of park tasks and move themselves through the parks trail system.
For more information on this program, please contact us at 517-483-4224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this pilot program, please fill out the following form: