Starting Pay Rate: Unpaid internship (1 position available)
Schedule: 10-15 hours per week depending on availability; shifts are a minimum of 3
hours between the hours of 9am & 4pm on weekdays, and 12pm & 4pm on weekends;
some evening and weekend work may be required
Essential Position Functions:
Under the direct supervision of the Development and Events Manager, the Marketing &
Social Media Intern will undertake the following responsibilities:
● Design social media posts and shareables for the following sites: Facebook,
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
● Create social media schedules
● Develop, track and report on social media ROI benchmarks
● Design promotional materials such as fliers, brochures, and posters
● Create and implement communications campaigns for development initiatives,
programs and events
● Work with Fenner Conservancy’s Communications Committee
● Research, compile information for and write articles for use in Fenner’s SEASONS
newsletter and other publications
● Manage content on Fenner Conservancy’s website
Other Duties as Assigned (5%):
● This Position Description does not include all tasks that may be completed in this
position. Duties may be added, removed, or modified at any time.
Education and Experience Requirements:
● High school diploma or GED.
● At least one (1) year of college-level course work with a 3.0 GPA. Primary study
areas could include social media and analytics, advertising, communications,
media arts and technology, professional writing, or related fields.
● Required education, experience, or a combination of education and experience
includes, but is not limited to: the use of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and
Pinterest for promotion and increasing engagement, creation of marketing
materials and social media shareables for these sites, and creation of social
● Preferred, but not required education, experience, or a combination of education
and experience includes, but is not limited to: the use of smartphones and/or
cameras to take photos and videos, use of video editing software, and developing
and reporting on social media analytics and ROI benchmarks. While these areas
of education and/or experience are not required, a willingness to learn and
develop them is.
● Finally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their experience and
competence in oral and written communication.
● Fenner Conservancy reserves the right to utilize equivalencies where deemed
appropriate with regard to education and experience requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
● Skill in basic desktop publishing and website management.
● Skill in Adobe Creative Suite programs, such as Illustrator, InDesign and
Photoshop to develop marketing materials such as social media shareables,
brochures, flyers, and signage.
● Knowledge in the development and implementation of social media plans, utilizing
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to promote programs, events, and volunteer
opportunities, and tracking social media ROIs.
● Skill in writing and compiling material to be used in blog posts and print
● Ability to promote programs, events, and volunteer opportunities in accordance
with Fenner Conservancy’s brand.
● Ability to adhere to Fenner Conservancy’s short and long term marketing goals.
● Ability to proactively identify tasks that need to be accomplished and work
independently to ensure their completion.
Physical Capacity Requirements:
This position requires the ability to walk, speak, hear, lift and carry, finger dexterity,
and visual acuity. It also requires the ability to lift 10 pounds with occasional lifting of
up to 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, if necessary, for
individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential job functions of the
Environmental Conditions of Position:
The majority of the work associated with this position will occur in the office